Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mmmm cinnamon and apples



Kasey over at Powercakes inspires me and many others to eat healthy each week. I have learned a lot about eating clean and fueling up from her recipes and through others on Pinterest. I actually got my husband to share the dark chocolate powercake with me and he goes "is this one of those powercake thingies?" I have slowly, but surely, pulled him over to the healthy side. He even said that he could go "raw", but I'm not going that far. I think vegetarian is a far as I would take it. Any way, I am also looking for and trying out healthy desserts. Tonight, I was really craving apples and cinnamon, so I came up with: Warm apples and Yogurt. I clearly did not invent this, but it's so delicious I have to share it.

I heated up a small skillet on low-medium with 1 tsp coconut oil and cinnamon and threw in chopped up apples. I sprinkled cinnamon on top and pushed them around until they were warm and I couldn't take it anymore! I took about 1/3 cup plain Greek Yogurt and mixed it with the apples. So YUM even the cat wanted some! Go make it for an easy and healthy snack or dessert!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh that's gotta be good, I've had warmed up apples like that before except I did mine in the microwave but I'll do it on the stove next time I bet this will make it THAT much more delicious! Awesome powermeal. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem with the micro is that the apples were always mushy. Cooking them in the skillet keeps them crisp.

    ReplyDelete